20 March 2014

Tag Book

This is a demo project.
A tag book made from Kraft card.
Madame Payraud stamp 'Post Card' stamped onto
the same range of papers in sepia ink.
I have used pockets etc. within the book.
The front has had Sew Lovely ribbon used to hold the
book together.  Big bloomer flowers and typed letters
saying ' Travel Tags'

Masculine Cards

Two male cards made for a demo using
Anita's decoupage.
Both have been mat and layered using Madame
Payraud papers as these work well for male cards.
The first card has had the front of the card folded
back and I then used a craft knife to cut around the
frame of the image and in between so its like a
flip card/aperture.
The only addition added was a sentiment and ribbon.

Sew Lovely - Sewing/Buttons

Here is a selection of quick demo cards using the Sew Lovely
Range from Docrafts.
Button stamp images have been embossed and threaded with
bakers twin.  Heart canvas has been stamped in black ink for
the sentiment and metallic purple for rose.
This star card aperture has been hand cut and layered with fabric
after spritzing with red mist spray.
The sewing machine was cut out of sturdy card and
layered with Madam Payraud fabric and bakers threaded

Washi tape has been pleated on this card to add interest.

Measuring tape ribbon, various buttons from the range
and the free stamps from the magazine have all been used
on this card.

Two more fabric covered sewing machine templates.

All items used are from the sew lovely range.

The is a CAS card (Clean and Simple) just buttons
arrange into an arc and a simple stamped sentiment.

Baby Card

This is an A5 card which has been covered
in PARISIENNE Blue papers.
Anita's decoupage sheet for a new arrival
baby boy.

Parisienne Blue Cameo

This is an A5 card which has been covered in
Parisienne Blue paper
New Xcut A5 die set has been used to cut sparkly
black paper for the corners and the oval.
A piece of Madame Payraud velum has been
embossed in a quilt folder and
adhered to the oval.  A cameo cut in
white card and place on to blue to make it
stand out.  A piece of Parisienne blue ribbon
tied into bow added to finish.

Button Tree

This is another canvas which I have painted in metallic
copper and the sun in gold metallic.
I have then draw the tree and painted in acrylics.
Once it was dry I added white to highlight sun
rays on the tree and glossy accents for the bark.
I then adhered various sizes and colours
of buttons.

I have also stamped a small verse to add interest
but this cannot be seen well in these photos.

Cogs on Canvas

This is Cogs on Canvas
I have used silver paint on a white canvas then
spritz with metallic blue from the Artiste range.
Hand drawn a tree and painted with acrylic paints
browns and greens once dry went over some of
the main stem with clear accents to give some
depth and makes it look more like bark. 
Cogs have been die cut using Xcut dies.  Each
cog has then been painted with metallic paint
and put together with a brad.  The brad is only
holding the cogs and do not pierce through the
canvas.  They have been adhered using silicone
clear gel.

I have stamps a couple of verses to add interest.

Hope you like this and it gives you some inspiration!

Steam Rollers

Yet again I have not been posting my makes
in an organised fashion, here are some of my steam
engine cards made last summer!
These are made using a stamp by 'Stamps Away'
and are coloured with water colour pencils.
The gears are die cut with the Xcut die
range and the screw head brads are Papermania.
Bakers Twine is from the Gorjuss (Docraft range).

Most of the papers are from Minds Eye pads.
All cards are 6 x 6 Kraft Card.

Victorian Kissing Balls

This is one of the prettiest things once made.
These are made using dried rose heads and individually
glued to achieve this result. 

As this is a natural product no two balls are ever the same.

18 March 2014


I have used a butterfly die to cut the aperture and
to also cut patterned paper for the finished butterfly.
Once the aperture was cut  I stamped my sentiment then
I embossed with a quilt embossing folder (Xcut) then
covered the back of the aperture with a similar colour
paper to the butterfly. I Cut two strips of completely
different patterned paper for each side of the embossed
this draws the eye into the butterflies.
I have also highlighted each cross on the quilted emboss
with a fine glitter but this is not shown up in the photo's.

More butterflies, by Miss Payraud (12 x 12 paper pack)
Xcut Die and Miss Payraud velum for the centre of the aperture.
Green ink to the edges to add to distressed look.